Delays in Communication and Contracts happen to all of us but some people are born with it and they tend to set themselves up for it. We will examine the astrological aspects behind all communication delays.
There is usually a positive side to any adverse aspect in astrology and you can always find ways to use any aspect constructively. For example, a Saturn Mercury aspect makes one very cautious but usually increases focus and concentration. Leonardo da Vinci and Einstein were both born with Mercury in Aries aspected to Saturn.
In this article, we will show you how to offset adverse transits from Saturn to your natal Mercury (conj., square, opposition etc.). We have listed your Client #s if you are going through this by transit or are born with it.
Positive Elements of Adverse Saturn Mercury Transit
When transiting Saturn makes a negative aspect to your natal Mercury (all Subscribers whose Client numbers are listed in this article), then you will experience the following:
• You will experience delays in communication and transportation (e.g. running out of gas). On the positive side, this will make you more efficient, punctual, and better organized in the long run.
• You will have better focus and improved concentration. You will be able to cut short any losses in business and make hard decisions. More practical in your ideas.
• This is an excellent time to organize yourself better, but do not become too rigid and tough in your outlook.
• This is a good time to take the trade and professional courses e.g. time management, real estate, and other business courses (take into account that they could be delayed or canceled!).
• Upgrade your trade skills. This transit is better for hard sciences or technical courses which require more concentration and discipline than general interest courses.
Flight Delays and Mercury Retrograde
If you are flying and there are delays, thank your lucky star as it may be offsetting some negative theme!
Many flight delays happen when Mercury is retrograde (whenever NASA has a launch when Mercury is retrograde, either it is always delayed because of the weather or it does not go as planned).
Other Delays and Mercury Retrograde
• All government contracts and negotiations will be delayed and progress very slowly.
• Do not become overly cautious and not taking chances or stingy in advertising decisions pertaining to a business.
• This is the time to re-evaluate your business and improve its efficiency by making new forms, getting better software or hardware, writing procedure manuals, etc.
• There will be delays in contacting people by phone or mail, so check their mailing address. Make sure their email is still the same!
• Make duplicates of all your keys and important papers as they often get lost now. Backup your computer files as it is easy to delete them now.
• This is a good time for completing existing projects rather than initiating new ones.
• Focus on-time efficiency, buy better equipment and cut down on waste like having fewer telephone lines.
• Be prepared for slow but sure business growth.
• Complete your research, budgeting, writing business plans, and making long term plans.
• You will take on more authority and responsibilities now, but pace yourself.
• You will become interested in long-term rather than short-term projects. and indicates someone who enjoys new challenges but also gets bored easily. In Einstein’s case, although Saturn affected his communication skills to some extent (he did not speak till he was almost six years old and had a deliberate way of thinking), it increased his concentration and tenacity.
A classic example of Einstein’s perseverance (almost a stubbornness) was his “unification” theory on which he spent nearly twenty years, and stuck to it till the end of his life. Steve Jobs of Apple is the best example of practical inventive ideas (Mercury in Aquarius aspected to Saturn).
Saturn goes around your chart in 29 to 30 years and makes many different angles to your natal Mercury. Its negative transits increase delays in getting through to people and problems with transportation as well. Even an adverse transit from Saturn increases your discipline, focus, concentration, and your ability to accept responsibility and authority. Most scientists, supervisors, and those in positions of authority are born with a Saturn-Mercury aspect.
For achievement, Saturn is very helpful when it makes an aspect to Mercury in a bright sign like Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius, Aquarius, and Pisces. It is inhibiting for Mercury in Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, and Capricorn, who can become very cautious and narrow-minded.
When Saturn makes an adverse aspect to your natal Mercury (conjunction, square, and opposition, and other minor aspects), you will experience delays in your projects, negotiations, and contractual matters. Quite often, things may get misplaced or lost in the mail. If you are born with a natal adverse aspect between Saturn and Mercury, then it is like having Mercury retrograde all the time! If you are going through it by transit, then the same principle applies for the duration of the transit. If you have Mercury in Capricorn, then you might also experience most of the points given to some extent.
When you encounter delays in any area, the best way to deal with it would be to get to the root cause of it and to re-evaluate your organizing ability. In the long run, you will manage your time better and become more productive in your work. Use more efficient software or computer system, delegate some of the work, plan ahead and schedule different projects to offset the negative effects of this transit.
What If You Are Born With an Adverse Saturn Mercury Aspect?
If you are born with a Saturn Mercury aspect, then all the points mentioned above will apply to you all your life. You will mostly learn through experience and will gain in a slow a steady manner. You should buy gadgets to avoid communication delays. If Mercury is in a bright sign then even adverse Saturn aspects make them into geniuses e.g. Einstein, Leonardo da Vinci, and Steve Jobs.
Many left-handed people or those who spell things backward are born with a Mercury-Saturn aspect or variations of the theme (Capricorn on the 3rd house cusp). Hillary Clinton, President Clinton, and Chelsea Clinton are all left-handed!
You may be too rigid and miss on opportunities because of a very cautious outlook. However, this is an excellent aspect for master craftsmen and those who achieve through hard work.
The following Public Figures were born with an adverse aspect between Mercury and Saturn:
Politicians: Abraham Lincoln, Benazir Bhutto, Benjamin Franklin, Boris Yeltsin, Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, and Chelsea Clinton! Carolyn Kennedy, Eleanor Roosevelt, Emperor Hirohito, Helmut Kohl, Imelda Marcos (many delays in court), Jesse Jackson (speaks deliberately), Nelson Rockefeller, Prince Albert, Princess Anne, Queen Elizabeth I, Yasser Arafat, Winston Churchill.
Actors: Anthony Hopkins, Bruce Lee, Cindy Crawford, Naomi Campbell, Gene Hackman, Gene Kelly, Gregory Peck, Jeff Bridges, Jerry Seinfield, Judy Garland, Kevin Costner, Marlon Brando, Melanie Griffith, Robert Redford, Robert DeNiro, Steve Allen, Woody Allen.
Singers: John Lennon, K.D.Lang, Neil Diamond.
Other Famous Personalities: Albert Einstein, who started speaking quite late, Anastasia, Bobby Fischer (chess champion), Billy Graham, Bjorn Borg, Edgar Cayce (psychic), Elizabeth Kubler-Ross, Gloria Vanderbilt, Grandma Moses (artist), James Hoffa, Jimmy Swaggart, Johnny Carson, Leonardo Da Vinci, Mohammed Ali, Nicolaus Copernicus (astronomer), Robert Oppenheimer (nuclear physicist “father of atom bomb”), Rudolph Nureyev (ballet), Ringo Starr, Salvador Dali, Sir Alec Guinness, Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak who started Apple Computers together in a basement.
Here is some AstroInsight for those of you who want to understand which planets are involved in communication delays:
Mercury governs all matters pertaining to information, communication, business transactions, the signing of documents, news by mail or phone, letters, courier services, etc. All gadgets of communication i.e.cell phones, telephones, as well as emails and all other forms of communication, are also represented by Mercury.
Saturn represents the side of you that makes you work for everything you get. A difficult aspect from Saturn increases the delays in all these areas. In fact, you will set yourself up for delays in all forms of communication in order to test and strengthen your planning ability. The house being transited by Saturn will indicate the area of delays.
Mercury itself can be in twelve different signs and therefore, any Saturn Mercury aspects will each produce twelve interpretations. Saturn may be just what is needed to harness the intellect e.g. Einstein had Mercury conjunct Saturn in Aries. Aries is an intelligent sign and indicates someone who enjoys new challenges but also gets bored easily. In Einstein’s case, although Saturn affected his communication skills to some extent (he did not speak till he was almost six years old and had a deliberate way of thinking), it increased his concentration and tenacity.
Saturn goes around your chart in 29 to 30 years and makes many different angles to your natal Mercury. Its negative transits increase delays in getting through to people and problems with transportation as well. Even an adverse transit from Saturn increases your discipline, focus, concentration, and your ability to accept responsibility and authority. Most scientists, supervisors, and those in positions of authority are born with a Saturn Mercury aspect. Delays in Communication and Contracts is the hallmark of a Saturn Mercury transit and is similar to Mercury Retrograde periods.
Summary of Mercury Retrograde
Avoid initiating new projects
Avoid buying gadgets and signing of documents (if you must then pay extra attention to details)
Expect delays and avoid crisis situations.
Get spare keys for car, house, office, etc. as things easily get lost during this period.
Treaties fail and botched escapes are common.
Communication is especially affected including wrong mail and email addresses, misunderstandings, and electronic gadgets not working properly.
Excellent time for research but just wait till after this period to sign documents.
Your In-depth Personal Profile Report discusses all your strengths, innate potential, limitations, temperament, and attitude towards love, finance, and other important areas of your life. Get theIn-Depth Personal Analysis ReportNOW. It uses The Sacred Language of Astrology but in plain English!
To make the best decisions about the most important events in your life concerning your finances, health, travel, relationships, and even accident prone days: Get Your 12 Month ForecastNOW.
AstroCalendar is your Personalized website and shows your Moon Transits and their meanings on a daily basis plus all the planets and what they mean in your life. AstroCalendar is a 12-month subscription and you can also include your children or other people. AstroCalendar will help you unlock Nature’s most closely guarded secrets…Your Inner Timing!